Winter Car Care FAQ
Volkswagen Winter Car Care Tips
What is Volkswagen Winter Maintenance?
Once the leaves have fallen and colder temperatures have taken over, it’s a clear sign that the holidays are on their way. As you prepare for family traditions and celebrations, the change of seasons is also an indicator that you should schedule Volkswagen maintenance. Especially in Amherst, OH, Volkswagen winter maintenance is important and helps your hatchback, sedan or SUV weather the storms with ease.
At Spitzer Volkswagen Amherst, we host a state-of-the-art VW service center in Amherst, OH, with a team of technicians eager and ready to help prepare your car for winter. We are also pleased to offer winter car care tips and winter car care FAQ that help guide you in how to prepare your VW for winter.
The Importance of Volkswagen Maintenance
Why is Volkswagen maintenance important? As recommended by your manufacturer, routine maintenance includes oil change service, tire rotations and fluid checks. At our VW dealership in Amherst, OH, we also perform a thorough inspection of all working components to ensure your SUV, sedan or hatchback is ready to tackle rough driving conditions during winter months. Volkswagen winter maintenance also includes a check of your tires and tire pressure, as well as your washer fluid, windshield wiper blades and cooling system and HVAC system to ensure you have heat during cold weather.
During Volkswagen winter maintenance, our technicians may also recommend winter tires, snow tires or all-season tires to simplify winter driving, especially with road salt, snow and ice that comes naturally with cold temperatures in Amherst, OH.
Winter Car Care FAQ
Tackling the winter roads can be a challenge, but if you heed our winter car care tips and winter car care FAQ, you’ll be able to master the roads whether you have rear-wheel drive, front-wheel drive or all-wheel drive vehicles. It’s a good idea to schedule Volkswagen winter maintenance first, but in between service visits, here are a few actions you can take to ensure your vehicle is performing as it should during the winter months:
- Check the Lights: Visibility is essential, especially during snow storms in Amherst, OH. Check the headlights and taillights and if necessary, replace bulbs.
- Inspect the Battery: If your car battery has corrosion around the terminals or is low on charge, schedule Volkswagen maintenance at our VW service center in Amherst, OH, right away to determine if you need a battery replacement.
- Check Fluids: You’ll need plenty of windshield wiper fluid during the winter months, so make sure all fluids in your vehicle are topped off.
- Keep the Fuel Level High: Don’t risk getting snow, ice or water build up in your gas tank. Make sure you have at least a half tank at all times when the temperatures get cold.
- Pack a Survival Kit: Although the last thing you want is to get stranded on a winter road, be prepared with a survival kit that includes blankets, snacks, water, flashlights and first-aid materials.
Schedule VW Winter Maintenance Today
You’re not alone with winter car care. You have the team at our Volkswagen dealership in Amherst, OH, ready to help with Volkswagen winter maintenance. Schedule service online and stop in to learn more about winter car care FAQ.